Turtle Creek Elementary School — Bigger than our other elementary schools and better than ever!
The school opened in 1993 and recently transitioned from a neighborhood elementary that served students through grade 5, to one that now serves our Delavan-Darien first, second, third, and fourth grade students. There are about 600 students enrolled there and they are taught by some of the finest and most dedicated teachers you’ll find anywhere.
The staff receives constant training and professional development, so they are at the top of their game. Our curriculum has undergone major overhauls the last several years and students are getting the best content with best-practice instruction.
The student body is a very diverse and very well-behaved group. Turtle Creek has been recognized several times by the Wisconsin Response to Intervention Center as a School of Merit award winner. Students follow “The Comet Code” and committed to Being Respectful, Being Responsible, Being Safe and Being Learners. The Comet Code is a proactive approach that rewards positive behavior and establishes safer and more effective schools. Turtle Creek is a place where all students can learn!
Turtle Creek also has state-of-the art classrooms, with each featuring a SMART board and ultra-fast internet connections to keep students connected with their Chromebooks. That’s right. Each Turtle Creek student has a Chromebook laptop to enhance their learning through a wide variety of age-appropriate apps and games. Our One-to-One technology program is district-wide and reaches down all the way into our pre-school classrooms, so our Turtle Creek students come to school having already used today’s tools as they prepare for tomorrow’s leadership.
The school was the birthplace of the county’s first and only Dual Language Education program. In this model, students as young as 4-year-old kindergarten are immersed in bilingual classrooms where Spanish and English are the dominant languages. In fact, in 4-year-old kindergarten, Spanish is spoken about 90 percent of the school day. As the students progress, additional English is introduced until the instruction is split about 50/50 between the two languages by third grade. The choice program is open to all students — including native English speakers — and sets kids on a pathway to becoming bilingual, biliterate, bicultural and much more employable when they’re adults!
Click events below to see details. For an alternate view, click here.
Here’s our 10 most-recent headlines.
Click here for more news!
- Ready, Set, Go: Child Development ScreeningsReady, Set, Go!Free Child Development Screenings for Delavan-Darien Area Children Age 0-4 The Delavan-Darien School District is holding free Child Development Screenings for area children age 0-4 on Wednesday, April 25th. The screenings will be held from 7:00-9:30 a.m. at Wileman Elementary School, 1001 E. Geneva St., Delavan. Walk-in appointments ... read morePublished Monday, April 16, 2018
- Shopko Awards $2,000 in Grants for Phy EdThanks goes out to Shopko for awarding a $1,000 grant and two $500 grants to support our Phy Ed courses!The grants were submitted by Sandee Ortiz, Shelly Misco, and Tom Kanoff and were awarded recently for DDHS and Turtle Creek. Some of the funds will be used to support the ... read morePublished Wednesday, February 14, 2018
- NO SCHOOL: Friday, Feb. 9 (Weather Closing)ORIGINAL MESSAGEDear Delavan-Darien School District families,All Delavan-Darien schools are closed 2/9/2018 due to the weather. All after-school activities have also been canceled. Please check our website, www.ddschools.org, for further updates.Thank you. EspañolEstimadas Familias del Distrito Escolar Delavan-Darien,Todas las escuelas de Delavan-Darien estaran cerradas el 9/2/2018, debido al clima. Todas las actividades después ... read morePublished Thursday, February 8, 2018
- All After School Activities Cancelled 2/5/18All Delavan-Darien School District after-school activities scheduled for today, 2/5/18, have been canceled due to the weather. This includes the High School Community Collaboration Meeting. Stay safe! ... read morePublished Monday, February 5, 2018
- Hoops and Tech Night 2018See our Tech Teams In Action!Thursday, Feb. 22, 20185:30 – 7 p.m. @ DDHS, Hoops games start at 5:30 & 7 p.m. Student DemosWatch and learn as our students show you how they use all kinds of different tech in our amazing 21st Century classrooms! Hands OnSee for yourself! Get to experience ... read morePublished Friday, February 2, 2018
Turtle Creek Elementary School 1235 Creek Road, Delavan, WI | Phone: 262-233-6300 | en Español: 262-233-6390 | Fax: 262-728-5954 | Contact Us | Nondiscrimination Statement
© Copyright - Delavan-Darien School District | This page last modified: Feb 6, 2019 @ 2:42 pm
The Delavan-Darien School District does not accept unsolicited email, phone or fax advertisements.