Turtle Creek Elementary School — Bigger than our other elementary schools and better than ever!
The school opened in 1993 and recently transitioned from a neighborhood elementary that served students through grade 5, to one that now serves our Delavan-Darien first, second and third graders as part of our “Center School” concept. There are about 600 students enrolled there and they are taught by some of the finest and most dedicated teachers you’ll find anywhere.
The staff receives constant training and professional development, so they are at the top of their game. Our curriculum has undergone major overhauls the last several years and students are getting the best content with best-practice instruction.
The student body is a very diverse and very well-behaved group. Turtle Creek has been recognized several times by the Wisconsin Response to Intervention Center as a School of Merit award winner. Students follow “The Comet Code” and committed to Being Respectful, Being Responsible, Being Safe and Being Learners. The Comet Code is a proactive approach that rewards positive behavior and establishes safer and more effective schools. Turtle Creek is a place where all students can learn!
Turtle Creek also has state-of-the art classrooms, with each featuring a SMART board and ultra-fast internet connections to keep students connected with their Chromebooks. That’s right. Each Turtle Creek student has a Chromebook laptop to enhance their learning through a wide variety of age-appropriate apps and games. Our One-to-One technology program is district-wide and reaches down all the way into our pre-school classrooms, so our Turtle Creek students come to school having already used today’s tools as they prepare for tomorrow’s leadership.
The school was the birthplace of the county’s first and only Dual Language Education program. In this model, students as young as 4-year-old kindergarten are immersed in bilingual classrooms where Spanish and English are the dominant languages. In fact, in 4-year-old kindergarten, Spanish is spoken about 90 percent of the school day. As the students progress, additional English is introduced until the instruction is split about 50/50 between the two languages by third grade. The choice program is open to all students — including native English speakers — and sets kids on a pathway to becoming bilingual, biliterate, bicultural and much more employable when they’re adults!
Click events below to see details. For an alternate view, click here.
Reading RestaurantMarch 15 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
End of 3rd QuarterMarch 23
3rd grade Milwaukee MuseumMarch 23All 3rd grade students – Milwaukee Museum
Report Cards go HomeMarch 29
NO SCHOOL – GOOD FRIDAYMarch 30
No School – Good FridayMarch 30
NO SCHOOL – Spring RecessApril 2 - April 6
NO School Spring BreakApril 2 - April 6
NO SCHOOL – Teacher inserviceApril 16
2nd grade to Milwaukee ZooApril 27Milwaukee Zoo
3rd Grade OWWMay 8
NO SCHOOL – Memorial DayMay 28
LAST DAY OF SCHOOLJune 6
Last Day of SchoolJune 6
Teacher Inservice/WorkdayJune 7
Here’s our 10 most-recent headlines.
Click here for more news!
- Weather Related School Closings and Absences ProceduresInformation Regarding School Weather Closings and AbsencesInformación Sobre el Cierre de las EscuelasEnglishAs winter is now fully upon us, I wanted to take the time to remind you that if you ever feel the weather conditions make it unsafe for your child to come to school, you may make arrangements ... read morePublished Wednesday, December 6, 2017
- 2017 ‘Hour of Code’ campaign kicks off soonDelavan-Darien School District students will be practicing computer “Coding” over the next couple of weeks. Library Staff (K-12) and Computer (K-5) are challenging all our students to discuss or show someone outside of the school “What coding can do.”Library and Computer staff will be tracking how many people our students reach ... read morePublished Friday, December 1, 2017
- NOTICE OF 2018 SCHOOL BOARD ELECTIONNOTICE OF SCHOOL BOARD ELECTION — SCHOOL DISTRICT OF DELAVAN-DARIENAPRIL 3, 2018NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that at an election to be held in the School District of Delavan-Darien on Tuesday, April 3, 2018, the following offices are to be elected to succeed the present incumbents listed. The term of office for ... read morePublished Tuesday, November 28, 2017
- Delavan-Darien School District ‘Exceeds Expectations’ on State Report CardsDELAVAN — The Delavan-Darien School District “Exceeds Expectations,” according to the latest school district report cards released today (Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2017) by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. The district’s overall score of 82.3 was the highest it has ever been in the six-year history of the DPI’s ... read morePublished Tuesday, November 21, 2017
- Ski and Snowboard Club Meeting is Nov. 14ATTENTION: Delavan-Darien Skiers and Snowboarders!!! Looking for some winter fun?! The Delavan Darien Ski & Snowboard Club invites you to an Informational Night (for students 3rd grade or higher): Mark your calendars for: Tuesday, November 14th 3 p.m. at DDHS and; 5 p.m. at Phoenix Middle School. For more information, please ... read morePublished Tuesday, November 7, 2017
Turtle Creek Elementary School 1235 Creek Road, Delavan, WI | Phone: 262-233-6300 | en Español: 262-233-6390 | Fax: 262-728-5954 | Contact Us | Nondiscrimination Statement
© Copyright - Delavan-Darien School District | This page last modified: Jan 4, 2018 @ 12:34 pm
The Delavan-Darien School District does not accept unsolicited email, phone or fax advertisements.