Turtle Creek Elementary School — Bigger than our other elementary schools and better than ever!
The school opened in 1993 and recently transitioned from a neighborhood elementary that served students through grade 5, to one that now serves our Delavan-Darien first, second and third graders as part of our “Center School” concept. There are about 600 students enrolled there and they are taught by some of the finest and most dedicated teachers you’ll find anywhere.
The staff receives constant training and professional development, so they are at the top of their game. Our curriculum has undergone major overhauls the last several years and students are getting the best content with best-practice instruction.
The student body is a very diverse and very well-behaved group. Turtle Creek has been recognized several times by the Wisconsin Response to Intervention Center as a School of Merit award winner. Students follow “The Comet Code” and committed to Being Respectful, Being Responsible, Being Safe and Being Learners. The Comet Code is a proactive approach that rewards positive behavior and establishes safer and more effective schools. Turtle Creek is a place where all students can learn!
Turtle Creek also has state-of-the art classrooms, with each featuring a SMART board and ultra-fast internet connections to keep students connected with their Chromebooks. That’s right. Each Turtle Creek student has a Chromebook laptop to enhance their learning through a wide variety of age-appropriate apps and games. Our One-to-One technology program is district-wide and reaches down all the way into our pre-school classrooms, so our Turtle Creek students come to school having already used today’s tools as they prepare for tomorrow’s leadership.
The school was the birthplace of the county’s first and only Dual Language Education program. In this model, students as young as 4-year-old kindergarten are immersed in bilingual classrooms where Spanish and English are the dominant languages. In fact, in 4-year-old kindergarten, Spanish is spoken about 90 percent of the school day. As the students progress, additional English is introduced until the instruction is split about 50/50 between the two languages by third grade. The choice program is open to all students — including native English speakers — and sets kids on a pathway to becoming bilingual, biliterate, bicultural and much more employable when they’re adults!
Click events below to see details. For an alternate view, click here.
Here’s our 10 most-recent headlines.
Click here for more news!
- Phoenix Career Fair is March 14, 2018. Volunteers needed!Phoenix Middle School is hosting a Career Expo Fair for the Phoenix Middle School students (6th-8th Grade) from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, March 14. Volunteer guests are needed at the Career Expo Fair and will provide expertise to help middle school students have a better understanding of their career goals and pathways.CLICK PIC FOR ... read morePublished Thursday, January 18, 2018
- Summer Fun and Resource Fair 2018DON’T MISS THIS FREE EVENT!Get ready for the summer and beyond! Delavan-Darien School District is hosting its third annual Summer Fun and Community Resource Fair.Date: Saturday, February 24, 2018Time: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.Location: Phoenix Middle School, 414 Beloit St., Delavan, WI (map)Admission is free for both visitors and vendors. ... read morePublished Thursday, January 18, 2018
- Fire Alarms/Evacuation at DDHS – 1-17-18, 9:55 a.m.UPDATE 10:02 a.m.:Fire crews have determined it was a faulty detector in the ductwork near the pool area. School operations are resuming again as normal. All students and staff are safe.ORIGINAL POSTStudents and staff at DDHS were evacuated from the building about 9:37 a.m. today, Wednesday, Jan. 17 2018, for ... read morePublished Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- PE Teacher Ortiz Earns National Board CertificationPE Teacher Ortiz Earns National Board CertificationShe’s one of 2 teachers in district with the distinctionDelavan-Darien Physical Education Teacher Sandee Ortiz was one of 126 Wisconsin teachers to have earned national certification through the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards this January 2018.Ortiz is now one of 1,257 Wisconsin teachers ... read morePublished Monday, January 15, 2018
- After School Activities Canceled: 1-11-18Dear Delavan-Darien School District families,All Delavan-Darien School District after-school activities scheduled for today, 1-11-18, have been canceled due to the weather. Please check our website, www.ddschools.org, for further updates.Thank you.*****Estimadas Familias del Distrito Escolar Delavan-Darien,Todas las Actividades Despu és de Clases del Distrito Escolar Delavan-Darien programadas para el día de hoy, 1-11-18, han sido canceladas ... read morePublished Thursday, January 11, 2018
Turtle Creek Elementary School 1235 Creek Road, Delavan, WI | Phone: 262-233-6300 | en Español: 262-233-6390 | Fax: 262-728-5954 | Contact Us | Nondiscrimination Statement
© Copyright - Delavan-Darien School District | This page last modified: Jan 4, 2018 @ 12:34 pm
The Delavan-Darien School District does not accept unsolicited email, phone or fax advertisements.