Turtle Creek Elementary School — Bigger than our other elementary schools and better than ever!
The school opened in 1993 and recently transitioned from a neighborhood elementary that served students through grade 5, to one that now serves our Delavan-Darien first, second and third graders as part of our “Center School” concept. There are about 600 students enrolled there and they are taught by some of the finest and most dedicated teachers you’ll find anywhere.
The staff receives constant training and professional development, so they are at the top of their game. Our curriculum has undergone major overhauls the last several years and students are getting the best content with best-practice instruction.
The student body is a very diverse and very well-behaved group. Turtle Creek has been recognized several times by the Wisconsin Response to Intervention Center as a School of Merit award winner. Students follow “The Comet Code” and committed to Being Respectful, Being Responsible, Being Safe and Being Learners. The Comet Code is a proactive approach that rewards positive behavior and establishes safer and more effective schools. Turtle Creek is a place where all students can learn!
Turtle Creek also has state-of-the art classrooms, with each featuring a SMART board and ultra-fast internet connections to keep students connected with their Chromebooks. That’s right. Each Turtle Creek student has a Chromebook laptop to enhance their learning through a wide variety of age-appropriate apps and games. Our One-to-One technology program is district-wide and reaches down all the way into our pre-school classrooms, so our Turtle Creek students come to school having already used today’s tools as they prepare for tomorrow’s leadership.
The school was the birthplace of the county’s first and only Dual Language Education program. In this model, students as young as 4-year-old kindergarten are immersed in bilingual classrooms where Spanish and English are the dominant languages. In fact, in 4-year-old kindergarten, Spanish is spoken about 90 percent of the school day. As the students progress, additional English is introduced until the instruction is split about 50/50 between the two languages by third grade. The choice program is open to all students — including native English speakers — and sets kids on a pathway to becoming bilingual, biliterate, bicultural and much more employable when they’re adults!
Click events below to see details. For an alternate view, click here.
Here’s our 10 most-recent headlines.
Click here for more news!
- After School Activities Canceled: 1-11-18Dear Delavan-Darien School District families,All Delavan-Darien School District after-school activities scheduled for today, 1-11-18, have been canceled due to the weather. Please check our website, www.ddschools.org, for further updates.Thank you.*****Estimadas Familias del Distrito Escolar Delavan-Darien,Todas las Actividades Despu és de Clases del Distrito Escolar Delavan-Darien programadas para el día de hoy, 1-11-18, han sido canceladas ... read morePublished Thursday, January 11, 2018
- CLC Program Canceled Tonight: Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018ATTENTION PARENTS OF OUR CLC PROGRAM STUDENTS:Due to the threat of winter weather and icy roads tonight, Thursday, January 11, we are canceling our after school CLC program at Turtle Creek Elementary School.Students in the CLC program will need to ride their regular bus home at the end of the ... read morePublished Thursday, January 11, 2018
- Ready, Set, Go: Child Development ScreeningsReady, Set, Go!Free Child Development Screenings for Delavan-Darien Area Children Age 0-4 The Delavan-Darien School District is holding free Child Development Screenings for area children age 0-4 on Wednesday, January 31st. DOWNLOAD FLYERThe screenings will be held from 7:30-8:30 a.m. and again from 2-5 p.m. at Wileman Elementary School, 1001 E. Geneva St., ... read morePublished Thursday, January 4, 2018
- Bus Delays Due To Cold: Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018Delavan-Darien Parents,Due to the cold this morning — Tuesday, Jan. 2 — some of Dousman Transportation Company’s buses are having fuel gelling issues. This has led to a reduction of routes being run and a delay in some buses reaching the regular stops on time. Please keep your child in ... read morePublished Tuesday, January 2, 2018
- Santa’s Elves read his reply mail to our studentsIMAGE: Santa’s Elves from DDHS read his return mail to students in 4K, Kindergarten and First Grade! CLICK PIC TO SEE MORE IMAGES IN OUR GALLERY. Santa’s Elves from the Delavan-Darien High School Future Business Leaders of America organization and Spanish IV classes visited Wileman and Turtle Creek students on ... read morePublished Wednesday, December 20, 2017
Turtle Creek Elementary School 1235 Creek Road, Delavan, WI | Phone: 262-233-6300 | en Español: 262-233-6390 | Fax: 262-728-5954 | Contact Us | Nondiscrimination Statement
© Copyright - Delavan-Darien School District | This page last modified: Jan 4, 2018 @ 12:34 pm
The Delavan-Darien School District does not accept unsolicited email, phone or fax advertisements.