Turtle Creek Elementary School — Bigger than our other elementary schools and better than ever!
The school opened in 1993 and recently transitioned from a neighborhood elementary that served students through grade 5, to one that now serves our Delavan-Darien first, second and third graders as part of our “Center School” concept. There are about 600 students enrolled there and they are taught by some of the finest and most dedicated teachers you’ll find anywhere.
The staff receives constant training and professional development, so they are at the top of their game. Our curriculum has undergone major overhauls the last several years and students are getting the best content with best-practice instruction.
The student body is a very diverse and very well-behaved group. Turtle Creek has been recognized several times by the Wisconsin Response to Intervention Center as a School of Merit award winner. Students follow “The Comet Code” and committed to Being Respectful, Being Responsible, Being Safe and Being Learners. The Comet Code is a proactive approach that rewards positive behavior and establishes safer and more effective schools. Turtle Creek is a place where all students can learn!
Turtle Creek also has state-of-the art classrooms, with each featuring a SMART board and ultra-fast internet connections to keep students connected with their Chromebooks. That’s right. Each Turtle Creek student has a Chromebook laptop to enhance their learning through a wide variety of age-appropriate apps and games. Our One-to-One technology program is district-wide and reaches down all the way into our pre-school classrooms, so our Turtle Creek students come to school having already used today’s tools as they prepare for tomorrow’s leadership.
The school was the birthplace of the county’s first and only Dual Language Education program. In this model, students as young as 4-year-old kindergarten are immersed in bilingual classrooms where Spanish and English are the dominant languages. In fact, in 4-year-old kindergarten, Spanish is spoken about 90 percent of the school day. As the students progress, additional English is introduced until the instruction is split about 50/50 between the two languages by third grade. The choice program is open to all students — including native English speakers — and sets kids on a pathway to becoming bilingual, biliterate, bicultural and much more employable when they’re adults!
Click events below to see details. For an alternate view, click here.
No School – Teacher InserviceJanuary 21
Report Cards HomeFebruary 1
Turtle Creek ConfencesFebruary 12 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Turtle Creek Family Fun Night –February 15
No School – Teacher InserviceFebruary 22
Turtle Creek – Reading RestaurantMarch 14
Spring BreakMarch 25 - March 29
Report Cards HomeApril 5
Good Friday – No SchoolApril 19
No School – Teacher InserviceApril 22
ForensicsApril 27 @ 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
Turtle Creek Spring SingMay 2Delavan Darien High School
Turtle Creek Family Fun NightMay 10
No School – Memorial DayMay 27
Turtle Creek Ice Cream SocialMay 31
Here’s our 10 most-recent headlines.
Click here for more news!
- No School 11/26/18 due to weatherThe Delavan-Darien Schools will be closed today 11/26/18 due to poor weather conditions. ... read morePublished Monday, November 26, 2018
- DDSD Awarded $102K School Safety GrantThe Delavan-Darien School District has been awarded additional funds via the State Safety Grant for the amount of $102,708 for the 2018-19 school year at no expense for the district’s taxpayers. Before the announcement of the 2018 School Safety Initiative Grant, the Delavan-Darien School District had already made a considerable ... read morePublished Thursday, July 26, 2018
- Mercy to Offer Sports Physicals Screening at Reduced RatePhysicals are required for participating in DDSD sports and Mercyhealth is offering a reduced rate physical screening next month: Wednesday, July 25, noon-5 pm Mercyhealth Elkhorn 829 N. Wisconsin St. Appointments are required. Call (262) 245-0535 or toll-free (877) 893-5503 Please see this flyer for more information! ... read morePublished Wednesday, June 20, 2018
- Turtle Creek Elementary to Receive 21st Century CLC GrantWe are pleased to announce that Turtle Creek Elementary School has been awarded a 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant beginning in the 2018-2019 school year. Turtle Creek was a previous grant recipient over the past five years and has been successfully running a CLC (after school program) since 2013. In ... read morePublished Tuesday, May 29, 2018
- TC PBIS 2017-2018 Year in ReviewThis PBIS 2017-2018 Year in Review slide show was designed to celebrate what we have accomplished at Turtle Creek Elementary School this year as we provide a safe and positive learning environment for all students and staff. Thank you to our students, staff, and families for your support in this ... read morePublished Friday, May 11, 2018
- Referendum Update & Information May 1, 2018 – Dr. Robert CristMay 1, 2018 Dear Staff and Community Members, Our referendum failed. The Board is already discussing how to approach another in November. The “operational” question must be a separate issue. The operational referendum is imperative for us to continue quality education for each of our children. Fallout: We knew we ... read morePublished Wednesday, May 2, 2018
- After School Activities Canceled: 4/18/18Dear Delavan-Darien School District families, All Delavan-Darien School District after-school activities scheduled for today, 4/18/18, have been canceled due to the weather. Please check our website, www.ddschools.org, for further updates. Thank you. ***** Estimadas Familias del Distrito Escolar Delavan-Darien, Todas las Actividades Despu és de Clases del Distrito Escolar Delavan-Darien programadas para el ... read morePublished Wednesday, April 18, 2018
- Ready, Set, Go: Child Development ScreeningsReady, Set, Go!Free Child Development Screenings for Delavan-Darien Area Children Age 0-4 The Delavan-Darien School District is holding free Child Development Screenings for area children age 0-4 on Wednesday, April 25th. The screenings will be held from 7:00-9:30 a.m. at Wileman Elementary School, 1001 E. Geneva St., Delavan. Walk-in appointments ... read morePublished Monday, April 16, 2018
- Shopko Awards $2,000 in Grants for Phy EdThanks goes out to Shopko for awarding a $1,000 grant and two $500 grants to support our Phy Ed courses!The grants were submitted by Sandee Ortiz, Shelly Misco, and Tom Kanoff and were awarded recently for DDHS and Turtle Creek. Some of the funds will be used to support the ... read morePublished Wednesday, February 14, 2018
- NO SCHOOL: Friday, Feb. 9 (Weather Closing)ORIGINAL MESSAGEDear Delavan-Darien School District families,All Delavan-Darien schools are closed 2/9/2018 due to the weather. All after-school activities have also been canceled. Please check our website, www.ddschools.org, for further updates.Thank you. EspañolEstimadas Familias del Distrito Escolar Delavan-Darien,Todas las escuelas de Delavan-Darien estaran cerradas el 9/2/2018, debido al clima. Todas las actividades después ... read morePublished Thursday, February 8, 2018
Turtle Creek Elementary School 1235 Creek Road, Delavan, WI | Phone: 262-233-6300 | en Español: 262-233-6390 | Fax: 262-728-5954 | Contact Us | Nondiscrimination Statement
© Copyright - Delavan-Darien School District | This page last modified: Jan 4, 2018 @ 12:34 pm
The Delavan-Darien School District does not accept unsolicited email, phone or fax advertisements.